Friday, March 26, 2010

Livia's surgery/Food storage

Poor Livia Lou had her tonsils and adenoids out this morning. It went really well! After her surgery, her ENT Doctor came out and told us that they were HUGE and we should see a difference (i.e. her constant runny nose becoming not so constant). She wasn't very happy when she came to and yelled "I don't like you! Leave me alone!!" again and again at me. Break my heart. I know that she was very cloudy and not aware of what just happened, so I won't hold it against her. :)

Livia was very happy to come home. Her surgery was at 7:30 this morning and she was discharged around 10, so it was very nice to be in and out. She has eased every fear I had. She is eating just about everything and her energy is good. Here, I had prepared pudding, bought Popsicles, ice cream, jello and yogurt, but she had eaten chips, crackers, yogurt, pizza, and cereal. Not the healthiest diet, but the Doctor advised that for now, if she will eat it, let her have it.
The pain meds must be working!


Since Clancy had the day off, he decided to clean out a storage room we have in the basement. I have been wanting to organize my food storage in there, so today was the perfect day. My mom and brother are here, so they were able to watch the girls while we got some work done.
I have hardly touched our food storage since we bought our house in Spokane 2 years ago. It's been sitting in boxes, so I was kind of scared to go through it and see how much needed to be thrown out.
Finally. All put away and organized by date and item (we have LOTS of green beans) and now I know what we will need to eat here in the next couple of months so we don't waste any.

Sadly, this is what had to be thrown out.
Not too bad, but I still feel bad that I let it go to waste.
Does anyone know if the Rice Cereal might be saved? It says it needed to be used by May 2006.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!