Friday, February 19, 2010

"Where did my eye go??"

What a week it has been. I take that back. What a couple of weeks it's been. The sicky sickness has been flying around our house. It started last Tuesday when Livia woke up puking. She got a fever and then developed a cold. Next I started feeling rundown and had a sore throat. Then Gracie started complaining that her throat hurt and she developed a fever. Now Livia's eye is swollen shut. On Wednesday, it just looked like she might have run into something (she's my kid--she is bound to be a little clumsy), because the area around her eye was red. When she woke up from her nap, it was worse. I knew I was going to have to take her in to the doctor first thing the next morning. Well, I took her in and she has Periorbital Cellulitis. Poor kid! She just can't catch a break lately. Here is a progression of her eye.

Monday

Wednesday

This morning, Friday


Poor kid! I feel so bad for her, because on top of the eye, she still has her cold. Luckily, the Periorbital Cellulitis isn't contagious , but she also has a little bit of conjunctivitis so we are washing hands and sanitizing everything. Livia's 3rd birthday is on Tuesday, so I hope she and her eye are better by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!