Sunday, August 16, 2009

Grandparents ARE invincible

Not a lot going on that is blog-worthy...we had my parents and my Aunt Lora & Uncle Doug's family come over this weekend for the Geren (my Grandpa Jim's side) family reunion! It rained the day of the reunion, but it dried up enough for the kids to have fun playing at the park! I didn't know ANYONE at the reunion, beside my parents, Lora's family, and my Uncle Joe's family. I know just about everyone at the Weller family (my Grandma Peggy's side) reunion's, but I don't know anything about the Geren side. I am one of those people who figures my mom can do all the genealogy and I can look at it when I am older. Someday.....
Speaking of Grandma Peggy, she is back in the ICU. About two weeks ago, she had a heart attack and then a stroke. She has been to weak for a stint to be put in, so that has to wait. I guess she wasn't having a good dayher blood pressure dropped and she started having chest pains, so back in the ICU she goes. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated. I have always thought of my grandparents as somewhat invincible, so it's hard for me to grasp what is going on.
They want her calm and resting, so they are asking for no visitors besides immediate family right now. That's the hard thing about living 2 1/2 hours away. I want to go visit so badly. I am taking the girls to Wenatchee on the weekend of the 29th for my Grandma Joanne's birthday party, so hopefully we will be able to see Grandma Peggy as well.

Oh, and when the family was here this weekend, I was able to leave Saturday morning (thanks mom and Aunt Lora!) to go get a much needed haircut! I chopped it off! So far, I am loving it! Pictures to come......

I will have big news Thursday! That is the day of our 20 week ultrasound! I can hardly wait! 4 days to go until we know pink or blue!

2 comments:

  1. I am hoping blue. Boys are so fun. That way we can switch clothes, assuming I have a girl.

    I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. I know when my Grandma Evans got really weak and was dependent on others it seemed so different from the Grandma I knew growing up. Thank goodness for the PLan of Salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are welcome. So glad we could stay with the girls. Clancy, Gracie and Livia, we will see you Wednesday.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!